In the third meeting, I still late for 5 minutes from the time. Fortunately, Mrs Lidya should prepared something so the class wasn’t begin yet. In 5 the third meeting, my friends and I have learned about Belief on Motivation to Learn. First activity is drawing session. Each of us should drawing our future about five or ten years from now. I divide my paper into two part, five years from now, I really want that I could take my master degree not longer than two years, after that I would like to have someone that know me more deeper inside and outside (amin). Ten years from now, I really want make my parent happy by being a teacher in one of school on Denpasar. Hope that my dream come true.
Second activity, we have jigsaw reading. The reading is talking about belief. There are five kinds of belief that might be influence our motivation to learn, those are:
- Belief about future outcomes. Students know what should they do to get something in the future, for example I would get A score for the final test if I prepared as well as I can.
- Belief about intelligence. Students belief that their ability fixed only on that level because their parent ability, for example I couldn’t do this math assignment because my mom bad in math.
- Belief about capability. Students know their ability, what should they do with it to get maximum output in the right time, for example I should solve a lot of exercise when prepared math quiz for next week.
- Belief about value. Students know the benefit and disadvantages when they didn’t learn about something, for example I take math education in college level because I choose math teacher as my profession.
- Belief about cause of performance. Students know cause of their performance why they are success or not. Weiner (1992, 2001) said that there are four attributes that make students success or not, those are ability, effort, luck and task difficulty.
Dian Eki Purwanti